MestRe-C (Magnetic Resonance Companion)
for processing NMR data
We are pleased to introduce MestRe-C 1.0 (Magnetic Resonance Companion) for
WINDOWS95, our (freeware) program, for processing NMR data. MestRe-C processes
and analyzes 1D FID's and spectra from Bruker and Varian instruments (it can
also import NUTS files). It implements several filters and Fourier transforms,
phase and baseline corrections, integrations, peak picking, etc.
Further information about the program can be found in our home page:
Please send your suggestions for improvements, comments and bug reports
F. Javier Sardina
We are currently working on a version capable of processing 2D spectra and
import data from other instruments. Any help with this task will be greatly
What's new in MestRe-C 1.2.1
- A GE/Nicolet (NT/QE/GN) converter has been added
- Automatic reference (only available in Bruker and Varian files)
- Capabilities to export high-quality graphic images as windows
- A Multiple Point Baseline Correction option
- A Byte Swap command to perform a swap of all bytes in every
- The printing routine has been improved
- New visual options have been added to the workspace window
that offer choices about how to view your FID/Spectrum:
- Several bugs have been fixed in the Aspect and Nuts converters
What's new in MestRe-C 1.3
- MestRe-C now runs under Windows NT (tested under version 4.0).
- Processing of Bruker files from DnX spectrometers is now possible
- Expanded regions (up to 5 of them) can be displayed (and printed)
with the spectrum.
- Capability to add/substract two FID's/spectra has been added
- FID's/spectra can be exported as metafiles (or bitmaps) to the
- Text comments can be included (and printed) in the spectra.
- Improvements have been made in the following routines:
INTEGRATION (use of a baseline-correction function)
SET LIMITS (input limits through the keyboard)
PHASE CORRECTION (the pivot point can be set by the user)
PRINTING (portrait or lanscape modes, colour or B&W)
MEASURE J (increased accuracy)
- All routines have been optimized and are now considerably faster.
MestRe-C 1.5 new features are:
MestRe-C can be downloaded from the following anonymous ftp repositories:
- Simulation of spectra. You provide chemical shifts and J's and MestRe-C
calculates the corresponding spectrum. Interactive modification of spectral
parameters can also be carried out.
- A converter to import (and also export) data in the JCMAP-DX format has been
- The peak picking commands now performs interpolation to provide more
reliable values of chemical shifts.
- Data can now be right or left shifted by any amount of points.
- Data can now be correctly imported from the newest versions of XWIN-NMR.
Plus the usual crop of bug corrections.
F. Javier Sardina
Departamento de Quimica Organica
Universidad de Santiago de Compostela